Join Phyllis Yvonne Stickney for a blended evening of conscious comedy, spoken word and a splash of music and song with "Back 2 Black" on February 3rd at 8pm.
- All sales final. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Ages 16 and up only
- Individual comedian appearances are subject to change without notice
- Groups of 7+ please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seating will be assigned based on on-time check-in by groups as purchased.
- We cannot guarantee larger parties will be seated together or that tickets purchased separately can be combined at larger tables.
- Walk up cover is higher than the online presale price.
- Additional health and safety protocols may apply based on updated state guidelines.
- NY State Tax (8.875%)
- SALES ARE FINAL
Phyllis Yvonne Stickney was one of the first comedians of color to perform at the Juste Pour Rire Comedy Festival in Montreal. Canada. She performed with the late John Candy as well as being introduced at the festival by Ed Begley Jr. to perform her stand up comedy. Her stand-up performance at the world famous Apollo Theater was one of the selling points to sell the now popular Showtime at the Apollo to the network. Ms. Stickney is also a motivational speaker and published author and poet. She was the first female to ever perform with The Last Poets on the soundtrack of Panther (1995). Essence Magazine's 25th Anniversary Issue named her as one of the 200 African American women who has changed the world. Ms. Stickney has created and designed a line of clothing for every woman called Butterbaby scheduled be launched in Spring/Summer of 2004. Ms Stickney is the Founder/Executive Director for a non-profit community based organization called Alternative Careers in the Arts. She is also an accomplished stage performer and has received two AUDELCO Awards for Excellence in Black Theater. She was also the writer/Creative Consultant on the ABC short lived series New Attitude a Castle Rock production.